Thursday, June 24, 2010

Maybe a Hiatus?

Hey nonexistent readers! I'm just writing to say that I might be scarce around here for a while. I have a few adventures that I'd like to write about, but I'm finding it hard to stop my habit of putting it off. I've got to write about...
-More adventures in learning to drive
-A hike and a sail on the Sultana along with the terrible injury to my leg that my dog's run inflicted on me
-My birthday celebration
-The most expensive thing I have ever purchased for myself
-My upcoming trip to the Grand Canyon
-Other random things (probably mostly that)

Since I am posting, I should try to come up with something to post about. Often I think to myself when something is happening, "Oh, I've got to write about that." And then I put it off for so long that I forget what I wanted to write about. Then I think, "Well, I'll just have to wait until something else interesting happens." And the horrible cycle of procrastination goes on and on. And then, when something comes up that is really cool, like the things I mentioned above, I know that the post I write will probably end up being so long and tedious that I just can't bring myself to even attempt to write it. Or I find myself just making a mental list of things I could complain about, because apparently I find complaining about things funny. But then I never end up doing that (writing about it, that is; I still complain about stuff).

So then I spend all my time obsessing over the newest...obsession (the latest is Hey Arnold!, and I have a feeling this obsession will last quite a while. I even joined a collaborative fancomic project forum where we essentially make new episodes in comic form, because Hey Arnold! ended before its time. I could go into a rant about the Jungle Movie, but I digress). I draw fanart, I read fanfiction, I find critical analyses (yes, analyses. It's the plural form of analysis, SpellCheck. Look it up), and I obsess, obsess, obsess. Occasionally I even dream of the characters, or wake up in the middle of the night from one of those hazy states where you are not quite sure if you were really sleeping or not, and suddenly sit bolt upright, saying, "I must write this down and it will be an amazing fanfiction!" And then you look at it at ten o'clock that morning and are like, "'Find puppy together'? What does that even mean?!" You think I'm joking about that example, don't you. I'm not.

Anyway, yeah. This has just become another place for me to rant about my new favorite show in the history of forever, and I apologize for that. I promise I will not abandon this blog like I did years ago. I really want to keep up with it, as it will hopefully help me grow as a writer and become better at turning my experiences into witty written tales (because the idea of that just thrills me). So I may not be around for almost a month...but I promise I have not forgotten about this blog. So if you are reading this, please don't give up on me. I will be back. I might even be back tomorrow. My whims are a little unpredictable. But until then, wish me luck on this confusing thing I call my life.

Here's a photo of the plushies that usually reside on my bed, because pictures of plushies make everything better.
The Perry the Platypus plushie is new. :)Well, until next time, farewell, faithful imaginary readers, and thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment