Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Parody


So I realize I haven't posted here since last year. That won't do. I'm still rather fond of this blog, after all.


Today, my mom and I were saying that we wished we had kept our teenage waistlines. And I said, "Teenage waistline? That sounds like Teenage Wasteland by the Who, only not." And she said, "Oh, that's funny! You should write a parody and post it on your blog!"


So guess what I did next.


After all, what better way to make myself feel better about my problem than by making fun of it and posting it on the internet?


Anyway...here is the Ballad of Beth O'Tavian.

Beth O'Tavian
---------------
Out here it just feels

I fight with my meals
I get back into reliving

A time when I was light

When my jeans weren't so tight

After every Thanksgivin', yeah yeah yeah...


Don't cry

When you see your thighs...

I miss my teenage waistline...

So just take a hike!

For God's sake, ride your bike!

Situation's dire

Don't care that it's colder

The time for change is here

So get your rear in gear

Get it together

Before you get much older!


Teenage waistline!

Get back my teenage waistline!

My teenage waistband, oh yeah

Teenage waistline


It's all wasted!


------------------
Well, I hope you enjoyed that. Ordinarily I would continue this post with more Christmas musings, but I'm fresh out of musings at the moment. Perhaps later. :)
A Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment